The Devils, after both teams played dreadfully, got a 3-1 win over Filthy. Rupp, Zajac and Pando (!) scored for NJ to put them back in first on wins in the Atlantic. Pittsburgh is in T.O. on Saturday, the Devils are home to Boston on Sunday.
The Isles on the other hand, let a chance to overtake 8th place slip away. They blew it. AGAIN! Why does this team keep going with Mike Dunham? It clearly just isn't working for Marty Brodeur's former understudy. Dubliewicz comes in and stops 17 of 18 while Miller lets in 3rd period goals. Please, oh please, Teddy boy, let Doobie start on Saturday. The Isles have Ottawa at the Mausoleum on HNIC.
Buffalo, with their next win, will clinch top seed in the East.
Ottawa beat Montreal tonight, keeping the Isles two points out.
In rearview mirror news, FLORIDA WON AGAIN. 3-2 over the Caps. They have to be taken seriously this last week of the season. I sincerely believe they have a shot, merely because their remaining schedule is Carolina twice, and Tampa and DC on the road. They will have a prayer when Sunday brings on the Canes in Sunrise.
Tampa moved into 6th with their win over the Canes.
Here's how 2-13 look, sheesh.
2. NJ - 100 PTS, 4 Games Left
3. ATL - 91 PTS, 4 Games Left
4. PIT - 100 PTS, 4 Games Left
5. OTT - 100 PTS, 4 Games Left
6. TB - 88 PTS, 4 Games Left
7. NYR - 87 PTS, 5 Games Left
8. MTL - 86 PTS, 4 Games Left
9. TOR - 85 PTS, 5 Games Left
10. NYI - 84 PTS, 5 Games Left
11. CAR - 84 PTS, 4 Games Left
12. FLA - 82 PTS, 4 Games Left