Saturday, September 29, 2007

Don't Sweat It

I think sometimes, the rivalry between our teams can be so intense that it gets the best of us. There's no question that the recent history has had an impact there. And it's clearly obvious that the history between Hollweg and Simon isn't going away anytime soon.

In watching some of last night's game, I will say that Hollweg's hit on an Islander was cheap because it was late and near the boards. I do think sometimes he pushes the envelope. So, I am not going to take him off the hook when he does stuff like that. He needs to keep his head. He also got a dumb penalty for high sticking.

This game is very intense and everyone is battling. I just didn't expect it to be at such a feverish pitch in exhibition. There's eight regular season meetings still between these teams and I'm certain those will be very exciting.

Anyway, I also want to apologize for causing any animosity. It's a long season and hopefully will be a lot of fun for everyone involved.


And on that note, the Ducks drop the opener to the Kings 4-1. Mike Cammalleri scored twice and Jonathan Bernier notched his first win in his NHL debut.

Bobby Ryan tallied his first career NHL goal for the Ducks.

The rematch is tomorrow in London.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Stats