Thursday, July 12, 2007

Brent Sutter

My feelings on the subject are mixed. I'd love to see Johnny Mac or Pat Burns take over this team. But frankly, I don't want to worry about Burnsy's health all the time, and while Sutter has no NHL experience, Johnny Mac doesn't have any head coaching experience. Besides, look at some of the NHL talent he's developed:

-Colby Armstrong
-Martin Erat
-Cam Ward
-Jim Vandermeer

and a little guy named "Phaneuf". I think he's perfect for what looks like a disjointed Devils team that finally has shed some age off. This is a much younger team than it was lat year with the departure of Rafalski, Lukowich, Dowd and likely Rasmussen, and frankly, I think Sutter's the guy to handle this club.

1 comment:

Max said...

I'm over the moon. Remember how there was talk of Sutter coming over before Julien? I wanted him to take the job then, so I'm happy he's finally here now.

Besides, there were rumours about Pat Quinn taking the job... that would have been a disaster.

Search This Blog

Stats