Good preview below this post for tonight's game, but I wanted to add a few things.
- The lineup remains the same, with Marek Malik a healthy scratch again.
- Greg Moore was recalled from Hartford yesterday, but only as a precaution. Ryan Callahan was experiencing some soreness in his knee and was a question mark for tonight. Moore will likely be returned shortly.
- Sean Avery began skating yesterday. Looks like he has a little more than a week, possibly two left before he sees game action.
- Tom Renney had an interesting quote today, saying it was "just a matter of time" before Nigel Dawes is back with the Rangers. Dawes had a six point night the other night for Hartford, and clearly does not belong in the AHL anymore.
- Has anyone seen Michael Nylander? A "mysterious injury" has kept him out of the Capitals' lineup for the last three games. It isn't known if he will play tonight.
- Anyone see the Pittsburgh/Philadelphia game last night? Pittsburgh has lost Marc-Andre Fleury for 4-6 weeks due to a high ankle sprain, the Penguins got rocked 8-2, and Sid the kid caused some bad blood between himself and Martin Biron, which was then taken way overboard by Georges Laraque. Crosby tripped Biron behind the net. Marty was unhappy, and words were exchanged. Then later in the period, Laraque pretended to fall and took out Biron. There was no reason for it, and I hope the league looks at it. No reason for any of that. Brings back memories of Calgary and Anaheim years ago.
Enjoy the game. Let's see if the Rangers can keep the momentum going.