Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Quick look at today's festivities

When the eastern time zone clocks strike 3 p.m. this afternoon, the hockey world will know what teams are contenders and what teams have conceded the season. Who will make the biggest splash? Montreal? Ottawa? A surprise team like the Blackhawks? I don't know, but I know it will be fun.

What will the Rangers do? Paul Mara is out for two weeks, and they have some forward at depth. Do they bring in a defender or even two? Ron Gainsey? Nick Boyton? Brian Campbell?

How about the Islanders? With Mike Comrie signed to a new one-year, $4 million deal, he stays put. Ruslan Federtanko could be the next Fishstick signed. Do they move some other veterans for youth? Or do they feel they can still make a splash in the playoff picture?

The Devils keep on winning. What do they really need to be a better team? Honestly, any move that they do make will probably be really small. Maybe a little defense help, but even that isn't a necessary move.

I regret that I will be unable to blog until well after 3 today, which is really unfortunate because I was looking forward to it. I'll weigh in later on today when everything is done though.

Enjoy the craziness. Update your browsers frequently and I'll catch everyone later.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Stats