Saturday, January 12, 2008

Back from a new device

It's hard to think about a time where computers weren't always on and somewhere within reach of me to pick up. After going an unbearable three days without a computer, I have finally found a unit to my liking and am now back in action.

Like myself, the Rangers are back in action against the Canadians as I type this. Brendan Shanahan is scratched and MSG's favorite target of boo's, Marek Malik, is back in the lineup. Marty Straka is also back in the lineup for the Rangers and is really skating. Here is the lineup as we approach the second intermission:

Straka - Gomez - Jagr
Hossa - Drury - Moore
Prucha - Dubinsky - Dawes
Orr - Betts - Hollweg

Malik - Roszival
Staal - Girardi
Tyutin - Mara

The lineup shakeup has worked so far, as the Rangers are enjoying a 4-0 lead. Straka had the first goal from Scott Gomez and Jaromir Jagr, Chris Drury scored from Marcel Hossa (as I cursed that line combination I might add), Petr Prucha got the third from Nigel Dawes, and Dawes just added a fourth goal at the end of the period on a delayed penalty, assisted by Prucha.

Coming off of an abysmal performance against Philadelphia, the Rangers need a game like this. The have this potential that they are not reaching, and this could be the jumpstart that they need. Henrik Lundqvist has been solid in net, hopefully building up his confidence.

Enjoy the third period. I'll be back later or tomorrow with an update.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Stats