Friday, May 25, 2012

Tonight's the night

Here's where I'm supposed to write a letter to the Rangers and pray for a win tonight. I won't do that. If you're True Blue, then you know how great this year's been already. Nobody picked us to come close to winning the toughest division in hockey let alone finishing first in the East.

So, why should Friday, May 25, 2012 be any different? There are plenty of doubters who don't believe this team can win in New Jersey later. That's fine. All year, these Blueshirts have battled back, showing a strong resiliency when called upon. It's why I don't have to say anything. Neither should John Tortorella.

It's quite simple. Win and there's another game to play Sunday at Madison Square Garden. Lose and it's a bitter pill to swallow. I could care less about the stuff being written about how our team is "elite" again. That's doesn't MATTER.

I think I speak for Hasan too when I say this. Whenever you are up against a hated rival, you have to win. No excuses. The Rangers aren't a team that uses alibis. Forget the wear and tear or who's hurt, etc. You don't think the Devils have guys playing through pain? It comes down to will. Are they prepared to go the extra mile and do whatever it takes within the league boundaries to win?

The other night showed me that they can do it. I know I'm far from alone when I say I still BELIEVE. This is about a T-E-A-M coming together to sacrifice their bodies for more glory. It's about 12 forwards, 6 defensemen and 1 goalie who don't want it to end. They know what they have to do. Forget the historic significance of 18 years ago. This is about the present. A team has a chance to write their own script.

Artem Anisimov
Stu Bickel
Martin Biron
Brian Boyle
Ryan Callahan
Mike Del Zotto
Brandon Dubinsky
Ruslan Fedotenko
Marian Gaborik
Dan Girardi
Carl Hagelin
Chris Kreider
Henrik Lundqvist
Ryan McDonagh
Brandon Prust
Brad Richards
Mike Rupp
Marc Staal
Derek Stepan
Anton Stralman


It's up to you New York.

No comments:

Search This Blog

Stats